Monday, November 07, 2005

RRAS and IAS Default Domain

I helped myself the other day. I searched Google Groups for "IAS RAS Default Domain" and found an old post of mine.

It was a good thing I answered my own question, because I surely forgot it again when I needed it. That's why I'm writing this blog, which Google helps me publish and search. Thanks Google!

Anyway, here is the info:

If the remote access server is a member of domain and the user response does not contain a domain name, then the domain name of the remote access server is used.

Solution: To use a different domain name than that of the IAS server, on the computer running IAS, set the following registry value to the name of the domain that you want to use:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan
\PPP\ControlProtocols\BuiltIn

REG_SZ "DefaultDomain"

No comments: